CED NEWS AND UPCOMMING EVENTS
View the CED calendar to find webinars and other events
BETTER SCIENCE THROUGH DATA SHARING
The Conservation Efforts Database (CED) is a joint effort by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and U.S. Geological Survey to collect data related to conservation plans and actions aimed at conserving and restoring sagebrush habitats as well as those that address the threats driving sagebrush habitat loss, degradation, and fragmentation. Your participation through sharing your data is critical and greatly appreciated. By pooling our collective knowledge of the conservation efforts taking place and sharing that information among all conservation stakeholders, we will take our combined efforts further, faster.
WELCOME TO CED VERSION 2.0!
Do you want to register and explore the CED but you aren't sure if your agency and office are available in the system yet? You can still register and sign up for a demonstration account. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your agency/office information added to the available options in the CED.
The CED is designed for optimal use in Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox. In addition, Internet Explorer 10.0+ and Apple Safari are supported. If the website visuals are not correct try updating your web browser to the newest version.
For those of you familiar with the CED v1.0, below we’ve highlighted some of the updates and improvements we’ve made:
· The scope of version 2.0.0 has been broadened to capture actions that conserve, restore, and improve sagebrush habitat range-wide for all sagebrush-dependent species, not just the greater sage-grouse as per version 1.0.
· Several improvements have been made to the interactive map and associated query/filter functions.
· We’ve added more layers to the background of the interactive map to provide some additional context to the efforts, as well as a new reporting feature to summarize metrics based on your query.
WEBINARS ON HOW TO USE THE CED
Informational webinars have been scheduled for 10/26, 11/2, and 11/14 (see Calendar above for more details). The webinars will provide tour of the CED and how to use it for data entry, siting, and reporting. Webinars for individuals or groups can be scheduled on an individual basis upon request by contacting the CED Team at email@example.com.
DATES: November 2nd, 14th, and 30th at 2:00pm (Mountain Time Zone)
CALL IN NUMBER: 866-453-7752
You are invited to join a meeting hosted by the CED Team.
Meeting Number: 747646150
1. Join the meeting now: http://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?sigKey=mymeetings&i=747646150&p=&t=c
2. Enter the required fields.
4. Click on Proceed.